Friday 20 April 2012

TGIF


Thank God it's Friday! Alhamdulillah...I get to breathe and live on a day filled with barakah. My boys look forward for Fridays because they get to follow baba (Mohammad) to the mosque for the Friday Prayers. Only my three year old is left behind because his dad can't handle all three.

In Mekkah, both boys used to follow Mohammad to the mosque most of the time. On Fridays especially, they don on nice clothes and put on perfume, get pocket money, and then follow Mohammad for a gathering (it is similar to a gathering) at the mosque. They get all excited about going to the mosque, because they meet relatives and friends there. My eldest attends the tahfeez after Asar everyday except on Thursdays and Fridays, and masyallah commit to memory several of the Juz Amma, infact more than I do.

While I am very relax about religion, I am glad they pick on things by themselves like when they watch us pray, the children too, try to imitate what we do. Tofe has come to an age that he understands religion at the basic level, like what is wrong and what is right behaviour and what behaviour would be rewarded and what he would be punished.

I feel that while Friday is a day full of barakah, everyday that I get up is a blessing in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment