Friday 27 April 2012

Beware! Child Proofed

Grateful for one less thing to worry about...now that I have child proofed the house. Next, look for alarm, buzzer, camera implants to ensure child safety?

Today the nation is rocked yet again of another child been kidnapped. This time a 7th Grade student, Nayati Moodliar, was abducted by unknown perpetrators whilst on his way to school (Mont Kiara International School) on Friday morning. The abduction occurred at approximately 7:35 am. Like most boys his age, they all walk to school which is just a short distance from home.

It was just over a month ago, that another child  was kidnapped and murdered.  Five-year-old Nurul Nadirah Abdullah charred body was found buried in an oil palm estate in Nusa Damai, Masai, on March 8. Nurul Nadirah, went missing on March 1 after going to the shop near her flat alone to buy some instant noodles. The incident also occured near her home.

So are we going to keep our children prisoners at home to feel safe?...Usually, I would send my son to school right infront of the gate, but after the tragedy that took the life of Nurul Nadirah, I would wait at least another twenty minutes before moving away from his school even after the gates are locked. I get all worked up when the road is jammed (on a two-minutes drive to his school) thinking anything can happen if I am late to pick him up.

Constantly reminding him not to follow strangers or be conned into taking sweets or gifts from people he doesn't know while waiting for me. Always telling him to think fast and scream his lungs out if anyone as much as try to talk to him (anyone who is not in school uniform that is). Not trusting my husband, when he volunteers to pick him up from school, I would call him, five minutes after he leaves, to find out if he has the child in custody.

At night, before going to bed I make sure that I locked, latched, bolted the doors and repeated the efforts within the space of fifteen minutes, just to be sure I locked the doors and still wonder if have I done enough to keep the children and house secure. Yes, I have become paranoid, where my children are concerned. I am even going through my blog just to be sure there is no mention of place where we live or go to school.

Parents and the MKIS school community were putting up posters through out the day and night, created facebook page "Please help us to find Nayati Moodliar" and doing what they can to give moral support to Nayati's parents.  Twitterverse is also doing what they can to help spread the news. I can't imagine what the Moodliars' are going through, watching the television today, distraught is not even close to describe it. This boy maybe a stranger to me, but he is a "son" to all now. I pray for Nayati's safe return. Hopefully it will be soon, though soon is not soon enough for the devastated Moodliars.

It brings shivers and heart breaking just thinking of what is happening to the child right now or his family. Ya Rab, protect my children, my family and my marriage from harms way...be it human, animal or natural disaster.
إِنَّ رَبِّيَ اللَّهُ هُوَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَهُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمُ ،مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ كَانَ وَمَا لَمْ يَشَأُ لاَ يَكُونُ لاَ حَوْلَ ،
وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ الْعَلِيِّ الْعَظِيمِ ،
أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ ،
وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا،
أَعُوذُ بِالَّذِي يُمْسِمِنْكُ السَّمَاءَ أَنْ تَقَعَ عَلَى الأَرْضِ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ
 شَرِّ كُلِّ دَابَّةٍ رَبِّي آخِذٌ بِنَاصِيَتِهَا إِنَّ رَبِّي عَلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ

No comments:

Post a Comment