Thursday 12 April 2012

Pseudo - Kampung Life


Grateful for such a lovely day, surrounded by greenery and the tranquillity of pseudo-kampung life.

While the feeling is just like going back to kampung, it offers all the luxury of modern home...complete with a hot tub jacuzzi! Even if it doesn't offer the jacuzzi, I would still be grateful. I call it pseudo - kampung because the setting; the chalets are built like kampung houses, a river flows right behind it and to top it up are the coconut trees. What a feeling! It evokes a sense  of kampung life and when wind blows, the trees swaying, I can't help but wish I was back in my kampung. Of course, kampung doesn't come with huge TV screen, water heater and room service.

All that is missing is the kampung folks...but you do see across the river, tug boats and maritime patrollers. Today, when we went on our gondola ride, saw a fisherman boat going out to sea...and looking at the condition of the sea earlier today, I guess we are fortunate, despite the bad weather and unpredictable open sea condition,  there are people who would still risk their lives so that we can have our fish. The smaller boats go out for a week while those with bigger vessels, can stay out in the open sea for a month. This place is a fishing village, of course, apart from the batiks, keropok and keropok lekor or the tembaga and other cottage industry, fishermen contribute to the economy of this place.

I really like it here, and perhaps will write more about this place...for now, the jacuzzi is waiting for me. See you!


No comments:

Post a Comment