Monday 12 March 2012

In Memoriam: Forever Missed, Forever Loved


Sweet Memories...an aunt is the next close thing to a mum.

Yesterday, Sunday 11th March, mark the fifth year since Kak Mek passed away. I was in Saudi Arabia when the phone call from Malaysia came, my older brother Jimmy broke the news. I couldn't come back because Saud, our middle child born in Mecca was stateless, we couldn't travel without a passport or a travelling document.

This  was something I wrote, that night, the realization we have lost our eldest sister just hit me and left me numb, speechless.

I am sorry for our loss
I am sorry for not being able to make it home to be with you
Most of all I am sorry for not calling often to tell you I love you my beloved sister
And how much you mean to me
My last memory of Kak Mek was our shopping expedition in KLCC,
Few days before me and Tofe left for Saudi,
A picture of her and Tofe, then three years old, at Gloria Jean's Cafe
Entertaining his every whims and tantrums
I know that short trip was enough to tire you but you put on a brave face, to keep pace
And before I left, I kissed and hug her, told her I love her and I will see her when I return
Sadly, this was to be the last time I see her
Farewell, I wish we could have had more time together
I pray to be home soon
I thank Allah even though our time together was brief, my son Tofe had an aunt as loving as you
A loving Aunt, a loving Wife, a loving Mother
You are Forever Missed, Forever Loved
My beloved sister.
AL-Fatihah

3 comments:

  1. Al-Fatihah ... semoga rohnya ditempatkan di kalangan mereka yang dirahmati Allah swt.
    It always sad to read about the passing of our loved ones. Let's cherish the memories we have of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. al fatihah utk arwah. although those who have departed are no longer with us physically but they will always be with us in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dalilah Ibrahim and Diamond Baby. I am so touched. As I was writing this short article, tears welling in my eyes, and streaming down eventually.It is difficult not to cry when I think of it especially because it happenned while I was away in Saudi, I lost a sister and a brother. Before she got married , my sister was the one who took care of her younger siblings.As for my brother, he was retarded and my late grandma took care of him until she died.Remembering him then, how lost he was when my grandma passed away,not fitting in and lonely, living with a mum he doesn't know well. I felt sorry for him because nobody wanted to take care of him.I always thought who was going to take care him later.

    ReplyDelete