Friday 9 March 2012

A Year Of Living Gratefully

A few close friends have been bugging me to write a blog....I told them earlier that I had nothing much to write nor the time. And I didn't want anything that would be time consuming and if I was going to start something I want to be committed to it....not your occasional writings but something that I would enjoy doing everyday. As the title says for a year!

So, a few days ago I came across an article about a woman who started the "gratitude project" and it gave me the inspiration, not so much to write but to take a photo a day...of something I am thankful for. Easy enough right? I hope so!

This blogspot is basically a day-to-day photographs of things or people or moments for which I am thankful. It is a daily reminder for me to stop and smell the roses.

I am a full-time mum and raising three boisterous boys is no easy task, especially that is what you do 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. I don't have a 9 to 5 job to go to, so I feel that it is more distressing as opposed to coming back from work and having a limited time to spend with my children. Don't get angry, there are those who says I am lucky to be able to spend ALL my time with my boys.But I don't get some ME time.Well, counting the time I spent daily in my bathroom is not ME time. That sign that I put on the doorknob that says "Privacy Please. Do Not Disturb" doesn't seem to be working when they are up and about.

So I have been complaining about how unhappy I was with my life, my boys and that it only revolves around them and other mundane things.And then I came across an article and it made sense to me...I was measuring myself based on other peoples' accomplishment; a good friend has published four Malay novels, another won the coveted title Best Actress, a bff is working alongside the Governor of the Central Bank of Malaysia, another friend found passion in making organic and back to basic skin care ranges, while another can make a living from her kitchen alone.


I am reminded that happiness can be found in a lot more simple things than I previously thought.So, to start of my grateful project....here is a picture of my children and hubby...I am thankful for my boys and hubby, the most important part of my everyday.



                                        

                                      

3 comments:

  1. 1st of all, i hope you will be able to or at least learn how to read comments from other people.

    Secondly, if you think raising 3 boys on your own, even single handedly brought them on plane rides are not marks of success, then think again!

    Knowing myself, I will not be able to do that without the help of an army. I moans and groans taking care of my 2 kids (and 1 of them is actually able to take care of herself) during my maid's day off and that's only once a month and with hubby around to lend a hand.

    So dear, your measure of success should and must extend to include yourself. Tabik spring to SAHM (Stay at home mothers)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging my dear friend!!!
    Been waiting to read 'something' from you... and this is it!! Coz I know you have A LOT of ideas to tell and experiences to share...
    Hoping to read more of this 'A Year of Living Gratefully!!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hezzy, I was going to quit by day 3 of my 365 days suppossed commitment.But seeing how Intan Darina has been posting her "grateful project" daily, it gave me some sort of strength not to give up. And you know what, I havent written anything so long (unless you count my name), so when i started writing, well I feel like I am getting SOME groove back.I have been keeping diaries since 1993, so this is a little like writing in my diary.So can we say I have passed my dinosaur stage?
    Diamond Baby, you are always so inspirational.Like I said I was going to give up, but seems u r more dedicated to this, i feel like i am not doing this alone.I can't stop when I have hardly begun.Thank you BFF.

    ReplyDelete