Tuesday 13 March 2012

Coffee, Por Favor?


Without a doubt they serve one of the best coffee in the city!

There is a cafe near my place called Espressament Illy. Every other day, when my husband and I go for our evening stroll at the KLCC park, we would sometimes walk all the way to this cafe. Hubby for his black coffee and Wifey (me), well, coffee latte or something new from the menu, oatmeal and raisin biscuit, salad and a slice of cake (in that order).These outings are usually a Me and You, Just Us Two! time for me and hubby.

While I enjoy our coffee, what makes this place a favourite is the friendly staff and a good place to observe the world. There are so many things going on no matter what time of day you are here.

We can get an espresso machine but it won't be the same.The coffee is always perfect, well at least it is for me. It is the friendly touch of people working here that makes this a comfy place and the comfort food it serves. The waiters would ask about the children, if my in laws are still in town or if I ever finish reading the novel I had the last time I was here.

They go all out and bring a smile to  my face. It makes me feel grateful that there are people here who do not feel that what they do is any less important and I don't get stuck with a grumpy waiter. You know positive vibes, produce positive atmosphere and that is how I feel when I come here.My oatmeal and raisin biscuit is always fresh from the oven. Sometimes, they refuse to take our money, on the house they say. But the relationship is not one sided, we too know about the people who work here, like the tall guy from Simpang Renggam (Yes, I do know his name), he just celebrated his birthday or that he loss his 9 month old baby late last year and still brings me coffee with a genuine smile.

Sometimes you will find; film crew shooting next to our table, people reading newspapers or using their notebooks, the older woman flirting with the young boy at the next table, or the sea of people just walking or watch the fancy billboards across the street, family taking pictures, a tourist asking for directions. Or the Formula One store they erected overnight. There are so many things to see.It is like watching TV without the remote and screen bigger than the 47" at home. Indeed, a good place to hang out.

My husband usually gets the best table, in the open air but covered from the rain or sun, so when it rains strangers would sit with us to gulp down the rest of their drinks and make small talk...and suffice to say we made new friends over the coffee table.


No comments:

Post a Comment