Tuesday 19 June 2012

Dirty Dishes By The Dozens

I would have gotten a little upset but my eldest said "at least we ate our food" and yes you are right my boy. Grateful too they took the dishes to the kitchen.

I've seen aunts and uncles who have only boys in the house, and apparently Mums do everything in the house. Cook, clean, wash, dry, set the table...so I hope to make a difference with my boys. They have to help around in the house. My son Tofe is at an age that he already understands and by default, being the eldest is getting more responsibilities like helping me in the house  and watch over his brothers if I need to run errands.

I hope my boys will grow up no longer with the old school of thought, that the kitchen is no longer a "womens' only" place. Tofe helps set the table for lunch and dinner and at least pick up his and his brothers plates when they are done. These little things make him feel important and who am I to object (yeah right! ). The little ones help to fetch bottles of water or anything their small hands can handle.

When my mum is around or that we have visitors, Tofe (when reminded that is) will promptly ask mum if he can get her anything to drink or fruits. And mum too feels like Tofe gave her the special treatment.

I had a friend from school, whose brother used to make tea and kuih and served us when we went to their house. A sight I will never ever see again! What do you know, I have so many brothers and never once have I seen them serving any of my friends...so i hope to make a change with my children.

Well, got to go, the dishes are waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment